Looking to make a personal hand-crafted gift for upcoming graduations or Father's Day? We've got some simple and sweet ideas to make your gift distinctive!
1) Make a botanical card from scratch. If you have any pressed, dried flowers or herbs around, you can make your own greeting card! Here are the easy to follow instructions! There's also this great idea from Mother Earth living really lets you personalize this memento and best of all it's bio-degradable!
2) Facemasks are fun for everyone! You can personalize these "mud masks" to suit anyone's skins needs and scent preferences. Remember to keep mask away from eye area, particularly if using essential oils.
Feeling Invigorated Aloe-ver Morning Mask
1 Tablespoon Aloe vera juice
1 Tablespoon French Green Clay (or any other clay of your choice)
1 Tablespoon finely ground Coffee
1 teaspoon of Coconut oil or your favorite skin oil
A drop or two of essential oil - Lavender is generally great for most skin types... we also like bergamot, rosemary and neroli.
- Mix ingredients well.
- Apply to face (and neck or chest if desired). You can very gently massage into skin for increased exfoliation but use a super light touch.
Dark Avenger Skin Mask
1 Tablespoon Activated Charcoal
1 Tablespoon Bentonite Clay
1-2 Tablespoons Aloe Vera and/or Warm water
Although the purpose of this mask is to tighten skin, reduce oil and potentially help remove dirt and other skin debris, you can use a tiny bit of oil if you want to offset the drying/drawing quality of the mask.
Again, you can use a drop or two of your favorite essential oil. Avoid strong citruses, cinnamon & ginger as they can irritate the skin quite easily.
- Mix ingredients well. Activated charcoal can be pretty messy so be careful.
- Apply to face (and neck or chest if desired). Leave on until dry or as desired. We wouldn't recommend longer than 30 minutes.
3) Make him a personalized scent with essential oils. Here is the base recipe for an oil and a spritz with just one example of a recipe to try (You can find tons out there on the 'net or ask us here at Moonrise!)
Fresh Spice Blend
3 drops invigorating Black Spruce
6 drops uplifting Bergamot
3 drops calming/centering Basil
1-2 drops spicy Black Pepper
Carrier Oil Blend Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp. your favorite carrier oil like sweet almond or jojoba
- essential oil blend (see below)
- 20 drops Vitamin E oil
- 1 oz. glass dropper bottle
- Add essential oils to the glass bottle, follow with a carrier oil to fill. Replace cap and gently shake to combine.
- To use: dab a couple drops of "cologne" blend anywhere you desire!
Spritz Base Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp. witch hazel
- 1/4 tsp. vegetable glycerin (optional)
- 1 tsp. aloe vera gel (optional
- essential oil blend x2 (see below)
- 2 oz. glass spray bottle
- filtered water to fill bottle
- Combine ingredients in a 2 oz. spray bottle and add water to fill.
- Shake before use!
4) Herbal Sachets can be blended to suit many needs! Make a sachet from our Dream blend for a relaxing, dream enhancing little keepsake for under dad's pillow. Here are a couple of recipes that could be added to freshen up drawer spaces, car interiors, closets and whatever else you can think of!
Summer Fresh blend
1/4 cup dried lavender
1/4 cup dried rosemary
1/4 tbsp whole cloves
1/2 cup cedar tips or shavings
1 Tbsp baking soda
7 drops of cedar, black spruce, eucalyptus, bergamot, sweet orange or any other essential oil of your choice
Citrus Mint Moth-Away: uplifting and enlivening when used as a smelling sachet, this blend is effective in keep all manner of small pests out of spaces as well.
5) Try one of our Moonrise tea sampler gift sets! "Best Dad Ever" is a great selection for those tea-riffic dads, our Roots & Spices sampler is a delicious blend of savory, earthy teas or you can choose an assortment of teas and create your own!
We also have many other special and unique gifts to offer if none of these ideas work, so feel free to come on down, drop by our online store or give us a call at 707-822-5296.