Modified from an article written by Tara from Little Pine Learners
Boil Your Eggs
- Gently place eggs in the bottom of a saucepan in a single layer.
- Fill the pan with cold water to completely cover the eggs by about two inches of water.
- Place the uncovered pot on a burner and turn it on high. Let the water come to a boil.
- Once the water comes to a full boil, remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 12 minutes.
- After the time is up, strain the hot water and fill it back up with cold water. Add ice cubes to the water and wait until the eggs have cooled enough to handle.
- The eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Light Blue : 4 tbsp dried flowers or 2 tbsp powder, simmered on low in 2 quarts of water for 30 minutes then strained and cool for 20 minutes or so.. Pour into a mason jar and add the prepared egg. Let sit for 1 hour
Green : use same method to prepare the Butterfly pea flowers and let the egg sit for 1 hour 45 minutes
Dark Blue : 4 tbsp dried flowers or 2 tbsp powder and 2 tbsp vinegar simmered on low in 2 quarts of water for 30 minutes then strained and cooled for 20 minutes or so . Pour into a mason jar and add the prepared egg. Let sit for 1 hour
Purple : completely dry the dark blue egg and rub a wedge of fresh lemon onto the entire surface of the egg and watch it change from blue to purple